Weekly Oracle Reading-Healing, September 19-25, 2022: This card invites you to take time and reflect on the energy of healing by allowing its light to shine on any areas in need of renewed wholeness. Attune to the rhythm of your own cycles by heeding signs and observing influences or habits in need of revaluation. Preventative measures taken now, be they physical, emotional or mental, can prevent more challenging problems in the future.
Guided Healing Meditation
In this month long series we will use guided healing meditation imagery to help ourselves heal our mind, body and spirits. No previous experience with meditation is required but it is helpful.
Please bring a yoga mat, cushion or pillow, and wear loose, comfortable clothing.
Each session is only $5.00 payable before class begins.
Sessions start promptly at 9 am Thursday mornings starting September 1st. Additional dates are: September 8th, September 15, September 22, September 29.
Please RSVP with the dates you wish to attend in the message field.
Click on the link below to save your spot today!
Guided Healing Meditation Class
No Longer AWOL
Hello all! Sorry I haven’t been around lately. My site has been acting strangely and I have been unable to post anything. I am no longer AWOL, so I’ll catch you up on what’s happening.
I opened my Reiki studio and mini-store on April 16th. It’s been going well with clients coming in fairly regularly and in-person my tarot readings keeping me busy. Right now I am open by appointment only but am planning on having more walk-in days as I did last Saturday.
The Etsy shop is doing well. Orders continue to come in at a steady pace so that is keeping my quite busy as well.
I’ve started classes and workshops in the new space. I have a two this month (my son’s wedding is this week so I kept my calendar small) but have several planned for June and July. The class offerings are as noted below:
Class Offering for May and June 2022
- May 25th – Crystal Ball Gazing Workshop
- May 28th – Sculpt Your Own Goddess Workshop
- June 8th – Poppet Workshop
- June 12th and 16th – Making Magick with Culinary Herbs
- June 19th – Create a Summer Solstice Sun Catcher
- June 30th – Unusual Forms of Divination
As you can see, I’m keeping very busy. I will be starting up the card of the week again and I am working on a newsletter as well.
I will be working on a viewable calendar for this site and also a “book now” page for my services and classes. I am planning on offering several classes on line and via Zoom or Messenger Video early next year. I will, along with my business partner Molly, be expanding our Sisterhood circles. In February I will be adding Goddess circles to the schedule as well.
So, I am no longer AWOL but I am crazy busy. And happy to be so.
15 Magickal Projects While We Shelter In Place
We are going through an unprecedented crisis in our country right now. This pandemic has changed the way we are living, working, and socializing. Most of us in the world are now on “shelter in place” orders. It is going to be difficult for most of us to keep busy – mundanely and magickally. To help you make this time as productive as possible, and still have fun, I’ve come up with 15 Magickal Projects while we Shelter In Place.
First of all, let me emphasize “Stay Home”! Only go out for necessities – food, medicine, to work (if you can’t work from home), and to walk or run for exercise (keeping physical distance). If you don’t have supplies for any of the projects I’ve indicated – don’t run out to get them. Order online or, better yet, improvise. Let’s see how resourceful and ingenious we can be.
15 Magickal Projects
- Create a Magickal Journal or Book of Shadows (BOS). – Have any old binders or notebooks laying around? How about composition books? Do you have leftover tissue paper or wrapping paper? If you have any of these things, some Decoupage or Clear craft glue, you can create a one of a kind magickal journal or BOS.
- Melt down your old candle nubs and make new candles. – You know you have them. Bits and pieces of old candles that you’ve been saving for just such a day. Gather them up, melt them down, and make some new, magickaly infused, candles for your altar or spell work.
- Sew up some spell bags. – Wlhile I usually like to use white or red for my spell and mojo bags, any remnants of material you have on hand will do. No sewing machine is required, just a needle and some thread. The hand-stitching adds extra energy to the bags.
- Plant a magickal herb garden. – Check out my blog on creating a Witches Garden for some helpful hints.
- Learn about a new magickal discipline or practice. – If you are anything like me, you love to learn about different practices and magickal techniques. Fortunately there are a lot of great books available from Amazon and information on the Internet, allowing us to research to our hearts content.
The Projects Keep Coming
- Create rituals for all of the Sabbats. – The time to procrastinate is over. With all of is at home for the next few months we can devote some of our time to creating those rituals we have always wanted to. Never written a ritual before? Now is the time to grab pen and notebook, sit at your laptop or tablet, and give it a go.
- Do weekly chats online with your coven or circle. – There are lots of ways to connect. Zoom, Skype, and Messenger are just a few platforms to chat, connect and see each other’s smiling faces.
- Clean your altars and workspace. – No, not just a good dusting – really clean them. Wash statues and offering plates, scrape off that candle wax. Scrub your cauldrons and all the surfaces.
- Start a Gratitude jar. – Grab an old or a box and create a Gratitude Jar. Each day write on a slip of paper something you are grateful for and place in the jar. Being grateful for what we have is a very magickal practice!
- Create some magickal art. – Sculpt, paint, do needlework, anything creative. As you do so, infuse it with magickal intention. Later, as you look at, hold, or wear your art, you will activate the magickal intentions.
- Craft a new item for your altar. – Always wanted to make an altar cloth from material you found a year ago? Itching to carve an altar offering bowl? Now is your chance. Break out your tools and get to work.
- Hold daily or weekly healing rituals for the World. – It’s important to remember we are all connected. All forms of healing are critical! I will be publishing my healing ritual in the next week or you can design one of your own.
- Practice your psychic arts. – Grab your pendulums, tarot cards, crystal balls, etc. and get to work. We will need these skills even more as we move forward.
- Start or enhance your meditation practice. – Just do it already! This one of the best ways to enhance your magickal practice. And, there are no more “I don’t have time.” excuses allowed.
- Drum, Sing, and Dance in your magick. – Bring some joy , along with the magick, into this stressful time.
Now Get To Work!
Don’t hesitate another moment. Grab your supplies and get to work. Unsure of where to start or how to do some of the projects I suggested? No worries. I will be posting “how-to” blogs in the weeks to come.
I look forward to seeing some of your projects. You can post pictures in the comments or on my Facebook Page – Triune Moon.
Stay home. Be Safe. Stay Healthy. Blessed Be!
Leave Ego out of Healing
When we first find our calling as healers,we are often awestruck, amazed that we can do this wonderful life altering thing. As we begin stretching our muscles, reaching out with our gifts, we may sometimes hit a wall. That which was as simple as breathing suddenly becomes more difficult. Why? Because we’ve introduced Ego into our work. We must remind ourselves to leave ego out of healing.
I recall the first time I consciously helped heal someone. It was during my high school days – I won’t bother with the dates, lets just say it was long ago. We were preparing for testing in gymnastics and one of the other students had fallen off the balance beam and twisted her ankle. Without thinking, I went to her, took her ankle in my hand and willed that her ankle be healed. My hands grew warm and tingly and then I just knew that it had worked. She would be okay. The look of awe and surprise on her face is one I will never forget. Nor will I forget the side-eyed glances and whispers that I received after that. It was obvious that I was now even stranger and unusual than I was before – if that were possible. I now knew that I was different, I was a healer.
Ego in Healing Work
When we talk of ego in healing work what exactly do we mean? Take the statement I made in the last paragraph “I was a healer.” This is ego. The “I” statement, the “me”. Yes, I could heal. But like many who have newly recognized their gifts have yet to learn, we, as individuals, are not the the healers. We are the conduits to energy that helps the wounded individual to heal themselves. This is not a solitary function, but a gift that draws in energy, hope, and healing from a universal source. A more accurate statement is that I had learned how to heal. I hadn’t yet learned to leave the ego out of healing.
Many of us have known we could heal from a very young age. Healing came naturally, like breathing. Others may have turned to Reiki or some other form of energy work as an adult. Those born with the gift are often the ones most prone to allowing ego into their healing work. Why? Because they often learned about their gifts alone, without a teacher or any type of guidance. They feel that they alone are responsible for the healing. This often breeds self-importance and allows ego to run rampant.
I have found that those who lean on ego, allowing the “I” into healing work are often the most ineffective healers. By allowing the delusion that you are doing this work alone, that there is nothing or no one that assists in your efforts, you are sabotaging your gift. Yes, you may be able to heal, but does it last? Does the person you are working on and for feel that they are a part of their healing process? If not, check in with yourself and leave the ego out of healing.
Keeping the Ego at Bay
How do the leave the ego out of healing? How can we keep our egos at bay? By understanding where the gifts, the power to heal comes from, from a Universal energy source (God or Goddess, Divinity, The One). Those that may have been taught by a family member, Reiki master or other instructor are more likely to learn where their gifts flow from than those that may have learned on their own. In knowing that they are in fact conduits for the healing energies, not the originators of that energy allows the individual to learn how to put ego aside and concentrate on facilitating a healing instead of just “healing”. By making the patient/client a partner in the healing process you leave ego out of the healing session.
Does ego always stay away? Nope. We as healers need to constantly do a self-check and reassess where we are coming from before we heal. Are we making the client a partner or are we doing this all ourselves? Have we listened closely to our clients to what they feel is wrong without jumping first to conclusions? Can we allow the energies to flow unimpeded by where we are being prompted to send them instead of where we think they need to be? Am I in the correct frame of mind to begin the task of healing or do I need to take some meditation time to connect with my source? Asking ourselves these questions allows us to leave ego out of healing and facilitates a more effective healing session and leave ego out of healing.
Now that we understand how we allow ego into our healings and how to leave ego out of healing, where do we go from here? We use our gifts, everyday. We can be of service in so many different ways. Don’t feel limited by just the client/facilitator paradigm, healers can do so much more. Try doing a monthly distance healing session for friends and family far away (with their consent, of course). Use your gifts at a local animal shelter or refuge – animals of all types love a good healing session. Volunteer at a local homeless shelter and offer free sessions for those in need. If you have a green thumb (or wish you did) offer healing and energy to the plants in your local park or even your own backyard. When we are of service to our community and world, our egos rarely come out to play.
As we move forward let us leave ego out of healing. Use your amazing gifts to aid others in healing themselves. Make a difference in this world by being of service to all life forms, sending healing love, and light wherever it is needed. May you truly become the light you were always meant to be.