We are going through an unprecedented crisis in our country right now. This pandemic has changed the way we are living, working, and socializing. Most of us in the world are now on “shelter in place” orders. It is going to be difficult for most of us to keep busy – mundanely and magickally. To help you make this time as productive as possible, and still have fun, I’ve come up with 15 Magickal Projects while we Shelter In Place.
First of all, let me emphasize “Stay Home”! Only go out for necessities – food, medicine, to work (if you can’t work from home), and to walk or run for exercise (keeping physical distance). If you don’t have supplies for any of the projects I’ve indicated – don’t run out to get them. Order online or, better yet, improvise. Let’s see how resourceful and ingenious we can be.
15 Magickal Projects
- Create a Magickal Journal or Book of Shadows (BOS). – Have any old binders or notebooks laying around? How about composition books? Do you have leftover tissue paper or wrapping paper? If you have any of these things, some Decoupage or Clear craft glue, you can create a one of a kind magickal journal or BOS.
- Melt down your old candle nubs and make new candles. – You know you have them. Bits and pieces of old candles that you’ve been saving for just such a day. Gather them up, melt them down, and make some new, magickaly infused, candles for your altar or spell work.
- Sew up some spell bags. – Wlhile I usually like to use white or red for my spell and mojo bags, any remnants of material you have on hand will do. No sewing machine is required, just a needle and some thread. The hand-stitching adds extra energy to the bags.
- Plant a magickal herb garden. – Check out my blog on creating a Witches Garden for some helpful hints.
- Learn about a new magickal discipline or practice. – If you are anything like me, you love to learn about different practices and magickal techniques. Fortunately there are a lot of great books available from Amazon and information on the Internet, allowing us to research to our hearts content.
The Projects Keep Coming
- Create rituals for all of the Sabbats. – The time to procrastinate is over. With all of is at home for the next few months we can devote some of our time to creating those rituals we have always wanted to. Never written a ritual before? Now is the time to grab pen and notebook, sit at your laptop or tablet, and give it a go.
- Do weekly chats online with your coven or circle. – There are lots of ways to connect. Zoom, Skype, and Messenger are just a few platforms to chat, connect and see each other’s smiling faces.
- Clean your altars and workspace. – No, not just a good dusting – really clean them. Wash statues and offering plates, scrape off that candle wax. Scrub your cauldrons and all the surfaces.
- Start a Gratitude jar. – Grab an old or a box and create a Gratitude Jar. Each day write on a slip of paper something you are grateful for and place in the jar. Being grateful for what we have is a very magickal practice!
- Create some magickal art. – Sculpt, paint, do needlework, anything creative. As you do so, infuse it with magickal intention. Later, as you look at, hold, or wear your art, you will activate the magickal intentions.
- Craft a new item for your altar. – Always wanted to make an altar cloth from material you found a year ago? Itching to carve an altar offering bowl? Now is your chance. Break out your tools and get to work.
- Hold daily or weekly healing rituals for the World. – It’s important to remember we are all connected. All forms of healing are critical! I will be publishing my healing ritual in the next week or you can design one of your own.
- Practice your psychic arts. – Grab your pendulums, tarot cards, crystal balls, etc. and get to work. We will need these skills even more as we move forward.
- Start or enhance your meditation practice. – Just do it already! This one of the best ways to enhance your magickal practice. And, there are no more “I don’t have time.” excuses allowed.
- Drum, Sing, and Dance in your magick. – Bring some joy , along with the magick, into this stressful time.
Now Get To Work!
Don’t hesitate another moment. Grab your supplies and get to work. Unsure of where to start or how to do some of the projects I suggested? No worries. I will be posting “how-to” blogs in the weeks to come.
I look forward to seeing some of your projects. You can post pictures in the comments or on my Facebook Page – Triune Moon.
Stay home. Be Safe. Stay Healthy. Blessed Be!